2008 kind of slipped away. While a good part of it was my own doing, some circumstances beyond my control made life interesting, in a challenging way. Needless to say, I didn't make much progress on the goals I set 12 months ago. So, I'm just reusing them again this year. I like to think of it as 2008 v.2.
This time around, though, I thought I would throw in some feel-good goals to help me feel like I'm doing something. Here's my list:
-Eat no red meat
-Recycle
-Exercise
-Speak Spanish
-Read
-Practice mindfulness
What an improvement! I've already done everything on this list and there are still 364 days left to go.
Okay, now on to the rest of the list. The real list.
-Follow the goals of the Compact (this time for the entire year. I made it 3 months last year.)
-Run a marathon. (Training is coming along. Did 4 half-marathons in the last 5 months of 2008.)
-Observe mindful speech. (I've become very mindful of how unmindful my speech is.)
-Save up enough money to take a trip that would involve travel over the equator or across six or more time zones.
-Practice gratitude.
I hope you have a wonderful 2009! Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment