11.18.2007

Deutschland Dreaming

I'm trying recover from yet another nasty cold. It's the second in the past five months, the kind where I'm exhausted but can't sleep, my head feels as if it's in a fishbowl, and my mind gets restless. I start thinking of new and exciting plans for when I feel better....
Like doing the Turkey Trot this Thurs. It's not a big deal-5k-but since today I barely have enough strength to hang out my clothes on the line, it might not be a good idea. But still...
Then I create loftier plans. Like taking a trip. Abroad. In two months. Being sick and bored is a bad combination; I start surfing the net for random information. Expedia is one of my favorite sites to do this. Hmmm....where do I want to go today? I check for cheap fares to the usual places (I like to think big), São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Oaxaca, San Francisco, Bangkok, Mumbai, Lima, Tenerife, DF, Madrid, and then...Frankfurt. Cha-ching. REALLY, really cheap if I go in January.
My mind starts processing the details...My friend Youmei still lives in Hamburg and will be there a few more months. I would love to see her again and explore more of Northern Germany, including Fehmarn. I could wait to until Jan to take more time off...hmmm...not a bad idea...I need to work on my German, right?? I need to make use of my passport before it expires...I want to go back to the restaurant that served delicious vegetarian German food (that's not a joke!).
Now I have all this to ponder while I'm stuck in bed...
¡bienvenidos a mi mente enferma!



(Looks like Iowa, no?)

No comments: