1.02.2010

Hola

This year, I want to try to do more writing of any sort. I failed miserably with NANOWRIMO, but to my credit, some uninvited beings set up shop in my lungs and began building their own unsanctioned community. They didn't leave until it was too late. I would have had to write nearly 4k words per day, in addition to getting caught up with everything else in my life after being sick.

So my other goal is to really focus on my health. I'm tired of having how I feel physically affect what I can and can't do, and I don't want all my energy to go to just one part of my life. Running really helps when I can do it. I just need to keep myself at a place where I can.

It wouldn't be a new year without a list, so here's some of what else I'd like to do during the next 12 months:
  • Teach a meditation class at a local prision
  • Participate in NANOWRIMO
  • Take a jewlery making class
  • Bake a loaf of bread
It's all out there for the universe to see. I think all my goals from years past still apply, except for running a marathon. Not this year. My motto for this year is shorter and slower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. I like it. We could all benefit from slowing down a little...or a lot.

Wishing you nothing but the best for 2010, friend. You SO deserve it.

Glad you will be writing more. I hope to as well.